Solar Insulation Piercing Connector CRT series
Solar insulation piercing connector is used for the DC trunk bus system to connect the main side to tap side.It can be installed in operating temperature from -55℃ to +55℃.The insulation piericng connector is suitable for Aluminium and copper unipolar cables of assigned tension 0.6/1 KV.Installation conditions: Rated Voltage: 1000 V DC.Rated Current: 200 A (Nominal Current),Dielectrically strength: > 4 kV.
The solar Insulation Piercing Connectors have been successfully tested according to EN 50483-4 and according to some specific tests defined in IEC 62852.Metallic blades surrounded with a sealing compound ensure electrical contact for PV cables up to 1.5 kV DC.The shear bolts always guarantee the optimum contact force without the use of a torque wrench or other special tools.
CROP CRT series insulation piercing connector for solar is equal to TTD insulation piercing connector.
Material of solar insulation piercing connector
Body:UV and weather resistant thermoplastic,It is good to make sure that the product you are buying meets the national and international standards.
Teeth: Copper tinned, Brass tinned, Aluminum.Copper tinned teeth can be used for copper or aluminum conductor.The aluminum teeth can be used for aluminum conductor.
End cap: UV and weather resistant thermoplastic
Grease: Silica gel
Bolt: galvanized steel or stainless steel
Washer, Nut: galvanized steel or stainless steel
Fuse nut: UV and weather resistant thermoplastic
Features of piercing connector
• Tested for watertightness at a voltage of 6 kV for 30 min in a water bath
• Potential free tightening bolts allow safe installations on life lines
• Bimetallic, suitable for aluminium and copper conductors
• Long neck 13 mm shear head nut ensuring reliable installations
• Components not isolated, end cap attached to body
• Insulation material made of weather and UV resistant glass fibre reinforced polymer